Wednesday 2 December 2009

hue


I took the train down with Bernard.  Travelling alone on a night train with a baby is a bit of a challenge, but the guard was very nice and held the baby while I went to the toilet.  Next door was a tiny 3month old who was just returning from a trip to Hanoi for a heart surgery operation - she seemed very well indeed.

We went to the beach in a taxi.  The place was windy and deserted.  No birds.  A few hawkers plied the few tourists:  I bought a rather sandy plate of banh loc, water dumplings.  The sand was squeaky.

In the mornings we tried this litlle group of food stalls.  The first day I was really hungry and had egg sandwich followed by this one.  You can't see it but the noodles are square.

Posted by Picasa
Spot the product placement on the table!  This was at Che Hem, where we had sweet soup.  Bernard liked Hue and tried to eat everything, including the above table.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely pictures. again already added to my colection. bernard is looking greate. I couldnt descided weater the other baby was just further way from the camera becasue the size diffence is asstounding. I am a week away from the end of term and am getting back on track. miss you lots and lots