Sunday 2 May 2010

the hungry caterpillar

Bernard's Menu:
breakfast:  a few cereal flakes and a miniscule bite of apple 
lunch: about 4 pasta spirals with pureed red pepper-tomato sauce
tea: a third of a square of chocolate sponge and a cube of watermelon
dinner:   a tablespoon of rice,  a piece of fried fish, a small cube of paneer and a teeny bite of tomato


Yesterday about 2pm I was so hungry - so much cooking for the baby I totally forgot to make myself anything to eat.  And he wasn't really eating anyway.  In desperation I ordered greedily from Foodshop 45:  a paneer tikka kebab, dal, a fish curry, rice and a paratha.   As I sat in the easy chair in the kitchen, stuffing my face, a little head popped up beside me and looked very interested in what I was doing.  So I popped some rice in his mouth, thinking it would come straight out again.  It didn't.  That little head popped up again and again with a cheeky grin, opening its mouth for more each time, and was also quite happy to try little cubes of paneer.

See menu for today's efforts.  What an amazing day of transformation.

I'm hoping tonight he lets me have just a little bit of sleep!

No comments: