Wednesday 3 November 2010

quiche

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6293/leek-mushroom-and-gruyre-quiche

This is the quiche I based mine on, though I did more than merely adjust things...  I wrote the ingredients on a piece of paper, then realised I only had half quantities of flour... used onions instead of leeks and reserved a quarter for Bernard with ham and cheese ... realised I didn't have a rolling pin and pressed out the pastry by hand... doubled the eggs, halved the cream... ok I pretty much ignored the recipe but it worked out delicious.  The mushrooms are a very delicate kind a bit like shiitake in shape.  And the quiche is very thin rather like the Tarte Flambee we had in Strasbourg one time.   I used every pan in the house but it was worth it.  And I look forward to seeing if Bernard will croon, "Pie!" over it as he did the other day in JOMA cafe when he enthusiastically ate bits of pumpkin pie and quiche in alternating mouthfuls.

No comments: