Saturday 19 September 2009

stuffed baby peppers

We went to the airport to fetch Nigel, N's supervisor.  Talked about Cambridge.  He's nice. 

For lunch I cooked stuffed baby peppers.  I got a mixed selection of baby peppers and scorched them black on the open gas flame.  Removed them to a plastic bag.  Then I made a stuffing by roasting pine nuts and spices, adding oil,  onion then rice and slowly added a tamari stock.  Then I peeled the black bits off the peppers and  stuffed them with the rice mixture, and cooked them lying down in an inch of stock with the addition of lemon and olive oil.  The idea was based on the recipe for home made dolmades, and suits us well as we don't have a decent oven.  I forgot sultanas and tomatoes, and we had no stock cubes, but it still worked.

No comments: