Thursday 17 September 2009

rollover


Mum's first day at work!  I was really stressed today and forgot everything I was supposed to bring to work.  I couldnt' find anywhere private to express and when I finally found somewhere, I didn't have enough time to do it properly.  I had to dash home at lunch because all the reserve milk in the freezer had gone off, and when I got home the baby had a full tummy so I had to express at home instead of hugging my baby!!!  I was so sad and cross because i didn't even have time to say hello or kiss b before heading back to work.  But when I got back in the afternoon it was just for a lesson and then I went to the library and got out a brand shiny new fiction book by Ursula Le Guin and it was all ok.  I got home at 3pm and expressed again; the landlord installed a new washing machine the same day it broke, I gave Bernard a bath and left him on the bathmat (on the floor) while I went to get his towel.  When I got back I found him lying on his side.  His very first roll!  He lifts his legs and uses their weight to roll onto his side.  We'll have to be careful not to let him roll off the bed now...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what an auful day. first day's are never going to be good... anything about dad coming to see you....

hannahonfire said...

hell yeah! he stayed at the INTERCONTINENTAL which was an awesome hotel with a gorgeous pool. b went swimming in the baby pool for a few minutes, and really liked it. Dad and I went on a bit of a HLA trying to get round the lake from our house to the Interconti, eventually ending up taking a taxi. I think dad had a good time. The breakfasts were amazing. Bernard slept all day when Dad had left; I think we wore the poor lil thing out!