Saturday 6 March 2010

more feeding adventures

b on my lap v grizzly.he has a rUnny nose and can't latch on so keeps forgetting that re's feeding. Then he climbs off my lap,has a quick play, and within a few minutes he's bumped his head or something and he's back asking to be fed. This makes him super grizzly. Today we're back to his old habit of refusing solids, too, which means another long night. But recently he's been a Lot better at feeding. This evening [could not persuade any rice porridge down him, but he seemed interested in my spaghetti so l chopped some up and he wolfed it down. if only he could tell me what he felt like eating it would be a lot easier!
had an amusing culinary disaster the night before last: 'tried xo make baby food from sweet potato and a green vegetable which looked a bit like spinach. The sweet potato was beautiful, steamed yellow and sitting in the blender. I then steamed the green vegetable and placed it in the blender with the sweet potato. It made a funny noise in the blender when I'd distributed the mixture between the four awaiting tupperware pots, I realized that it was all stringy! Un daunted, I tried pushing the mixture through a sieve, but it was so thick it all got stuck in the sieve, and the resulting product was one small pot full, plus an enormous amount of mess and green slime everywhere. Bemad didn't like it much anyway, so I chucked it all away after he'd had maybe 2 spoonfuls on 2 separate outings from the fridge. Today I Tried for a re-match win carrot and zucchini, but this new blend is (for whatever reason) also not as popular as spaghetti. Makes you want to reach for the Heinz!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

could we have some more stats on size etc.