Friday 12 March 2010

bathtime

I just had such a funny bathtime with the baby:  he tries to have a bath without actually getting wet: i.e. standing up, and bending down to play with his bath toys.  It's no trouble getting him in - actually it's hard to get his clothes off in time for him to dive in!  Then he barely gets his ankles wet as he plays standing up, and tries to bash his bath toys on the floor outside the bathtub, or tries to climb into the shower unit, or explore the icky drain...  getting him out of the bath is quite tricky but if I let him hold his bath toy for a bit it's okay; getting him dressed again is yet another challenge.  These days I lie him across my knees and pin his hips while I do the poppers up.  His thighs are so fat that this takes some doing.  Then we dance to the bedroom while he either screams or gurgles, read a story (sometimes) and then he feeds himself thirstily to sleep.

No comments: