Tuesday 27 April 2010

please ignore if you are fed up with food/sleep updates

Baby is eating less and sleeping more.  Go figure.    I've put my foot down about force feeding him (for this week at least) and though a bit more stressful as I never know when/if he's going to eat next, it seems to be a very good thing.  

The food-refusing came to a head this weekend.  On Friday (a national holiday), Bernard ate nothing.  There was a huge pile of refused pots of stuff in the sink.  On Saturday he ate one bowl of rice porridge, some carrot cake and an entire banana that the banana lady put into his hand.  On Sunday he ate two bowls of mush plus a few bits of bread.  On Monday Mrs Nhung came and he ate one bowl of mush and one meal of fruit (I think she gave him rather a lot of fruit).  On Monday night Bernard took a late nap and didn't go to sleep till 9.30.  We were both exhausted.  I woke at 4.30 this morning.  Bernard was next to me - I didn't remember bringing him into my bed.  His nappy was still dry.  Wow! We had slept all night, more or less!!!  Bernard didn't wake till six.

Bernard's current top five:  1) cake;  2)banana; 3)bread; 4)biscuits; 5)cereal flakes. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

definitely not bored with food/sleep updates. keep them comming x