Tuesday 18 January 2011

Bed rest

This week has certainly been more interesting than last week. Up until yesterday, I was popping in and out of SOS clinic feeling pretty sorry for myself. The frequent sessions of lying on a clinic bed with an IV in my arm were, however, not without benefit as I was able to relax and enjoy playing with my new iPad in a way I hadn't had time to so far. But things were quite bad at home as moving was painful and I didn't feel like doing any cooking. Then yesterday they lanced the abscess and I immediately felt relief. It wasn't just the painkillers : I called Mum in quite a chattery state of shock. The relief turned into a genuine euphoria which is still with me the following day. I must have been in some level of pain, without really noticing it, for some time.
Bernard has been dubbed Hoa. Sy Bo Nat because he is such a mad artist at the moment. He is crazy about drawing and will happily draw for most of the day. He enumerates each colour as he draws and enjoys putting on and taking off the pen lids as much as the scribbling itself. This weekend I will certainly go out and buy him some more art supplies. He also like my iPad, especially the Baby Hippo program, which is a real baby hippo which imitates what you say. It can be tickled, fed carrots etc.

No comments: